Last summer I had planned to visit family and friends in Denmark but because of the increased covid cases we thought it was safer to cancel our trip. I was disappointed and sad as I missed everybody tremendously. This year I was determined to not miss everybody another year as it had been 3 ½ years since I was back in Denmark, and I went in February in bitter cold with my 3-year-old son, so I didn’t get to enjoy the best of the country.
This year was amazing taking both my kids and my husband to visit everybody that I hadn’t seen for years and for my kids to bond with the family was incredible. It felt heartwarming to know that I had still good friends around as many of my close friends in New York had fled out of country and the state during covid. During this isolated time, I felt a bit lonely and I buried myself in work trying to make a come-back. Rebuilding the company almost again was not easy. (For my new subscribers, I had paused my company for a couple of years after my incubator kitchen shut their doors on me due to lack of funding’s.)
My college friends from architecture school threw an outdoor party for us so I could see everybody at the same time plus their significant others and kids. Spending time with my friends felt like time had never passed. We had fun catching up and eating what everybody had brought to the table. The food was delicious but one dish that really made everything come together was a whipped feta dip. It was heavenly so I knew that I would go home and make it myself.
I found this whipped feta dip with roasted tomatoes recipe from The Original Dish. It’s a simple and easy to make. This dish really upgrades any meal instantly not to mention complements our Nordic Crisps.
- 1 ½ lbs. cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 fresh oregano sprigs
- 1 cup olive oil
- Flaked sea salt
- 12 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- thyme + oregano leaves, to garnish
- flaky sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
Serve with Multi-seeds + Oregano Nordic crisps
- Preheat the oven to 375F°. Add the cherry tomatoes, sliced garlic, and fresh herbs to a 12″ cast-iron skillet. Cover with the olive oil, season with a pinch of salt, and toss to combine. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and caramelized.
- In a food processor, combine the feta, olive oil, and water. Blend for a few minutes until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spoon the feta cheese into a bowl. Add the roasted tomatoes over top, along with a generous drizzle of the oil from the skillet. Top the tomatoes with a few thyme and oregano leaves, flaky sea salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve Nordic Crisps alongside
Photo credit to @erikarojasphotos